RSS
Post Icon

Cricket: Champions Captain Fraser has to play much

By BILL LOTHIAN
Published on Thursday, 19 April 2012 12: 14

Fraser Watts leads champions Carlton in the new season of competitive cricket this weekend on a high after getting Scotland's most capped player ' in the winter.

If the right batsman Cup qualifier appeared against Uganda in the last month of Twenty20 World ", it was his occurs, overtake reached former Scotland captain Craig Wright." Since then, Watts has gone to his country six times represented one more.

Watts said it was "especially someone like Wrighty, overtake" a proud moment. "But hopefully a few more innings" me it stay still. "

For Watts, the Carlton team start with a cross section-Scottish Cup-study at Poloc Grange Loan order tie number against, is the last stage of a journey that started in the South Morningside school his 201st Cap.

"I was fortunate that my father (David) always hot already, turned out that on Cricket at some point for Leeds in the League is before you was in Edinburgh."

"Papa and the Carlton of Cricket Club a form of South Morningside and a. got on if I was Boroughmuir high" were a few ways to play, but my interests to promote continued mainly by the Association.

"When I was a little interests at Loughborough University was of Northamptonshire and Nottinghamshire shown in my skills but I be she saw was then clear I wasn't yet ready for such a step." It doesn't matter. I'm incredibly happy, so often to play with for Scotland and have been to many of the great players.

"The like of which over"(Pakistani_fast_bowler) Shoab Akhtar characterized as well as Australians Glenn McGrath, Brett Lee and Shaun Tate. There was also a fantastic privilege to be, if we had as our foreign players Rahul Dravid, Scotland. Dravid is so technically gifted and so a modest guy.

"I was in and out of the Scottish national team more during this era and right at the beginning of my career, I was happy that the coach Tony Judd, must be" a little potential he have me involved only work to experience in addition to the ban on the international team in the nets. "Graham Dilley (former England ashes hero) was an another coach who helped me, but at the beginning, what I could see was my father took me to the value of a technically very good player and up and running."

As far as the new club scene goes, the man whose Debüt came in 1998 and whose first appearance came two years earlier as a teenager against Bangladesh for Carlton thinks that Carlton must ascended to the Summit for the first time for the challenge of remaining at the top have braces are.

After our first Bundesliga is a "title last year people for us will be gunning are and our look at perch do not least Grange, which have been on a large setting drive I suppose, because the sight of their cross city is to win the League rivals would chill have sent back the membership."

"I am Americans was a mixture of disbelief and dismay am when we finally delivered what we threaten to do for years." "Have we awakened a sleeping giant?"

In the Carlton new series you are overseas amateur Mike Herdman, of Brisbane, such as Mohammad Umair, John Hutton and coach Toby Bailey. But five of last year's side moved on including the experienced Cedric English.

"Watts says:" there will be opportunities for "we have through some of the younger players bring was and perhaps a secret purchase of the game Poloc!"


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment